KCFB Agriculture Scholarship:
Up to four (4) $1000.00 scholarships will be awarded each year to Kauai residents studying an agricultural related field. High school graduating seniors, undergraduate students and graduate students may apply. Agricultural fields include: general agriculture, animal science, aquaculture, or a closely related field. Food science and nutrition majors do not qualify.
KCFB Farm Family Scholarship:
Up to two (2) $1000.00 scholarships will be awarded each year to Kauai residents whose parents or guardians are members of Kauai County Farm Bureau. High school graduating seniors and undergraduate students may apply.
Criteria for KCFB Scholarships Awarded:
- The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of recent scholastic achievement, participation in school and community activities, and agricultural experiences.
- KCFB Farm Family scholarship applicants may earn additional points based on family participation/volunteerism in Kauai County Farm Bureau activities.
- Students may apply for either or both programs, but only ONE scholarship will be awarded to each qualifying student.
- Students may qualify for more than one year for the program, but must complete and submit a new application each year. To maximize the number of students benefitting from the program, the scholarship committee will award the same student no more than two years in a row, and then implement a one year break before considering the same student for another two years.
KCFB Scholarship Application Materials & Instructions:
The following must be submitted for consideration when applying for the KCFB scholarships:
- Completed Application
Option 1 - apply online:
Option 2 - download a PDF to mail in:
- Most recent official transcript
(High school or College)
- Three recent letters of personal reference
Mandatory for all applicants!
You must mail in your official transcripts and letters of recommendation to:
KCFB Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 3895, Lihue, HI 96766
DEADLINE: March 31, 2013
For questions please contact Executive Administrator, Melissa McFerrin at 652-3217 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mahalo for your interest!